Pflichtprogramm für alle, die mit dem digitalen Wandel und Medien zu tun haben: dieser kurze Vortrag von Wolfgang Blau. Stichworte unten darunter dienen dazu, die entsprechenden Stellen wiederzufinden.
„Has change ever happened?“
Classic four sectors of cultural change management:
- Overcoming silos
- Digital skills – constant retraining
- Testing and releasing products – iteration, design thinking etc.
- Relation to the users
Another theme is emerging:
- We are constantly 6 months behind – a must-have, not an advantage
- Too many options – challenge of prioritization
Real strategy contains of 50% of things you don’t do or stop doing
Crucial question: Which business are we actually in? Different people in the company will bring up different answers – but you have to select one path to gain a competitive edge.
Technological change – Railway analogy. Next to rational arguments – is going to damage local business, spread illness and radical ideas and crime – “Cultural jetlag”: the mind is not yet prepared to process the new signals.
“Integration, change, are highly manipulative words.”
Four key insights:
- Spend as much time to understand the existing culture
- Don’t overestimate how much a culture can really change
- Ruthlessly discern between tactics and strategy
- Watch your language – be really succinct in the words you use